Patrick,

Please do not confirm your bugs unless instructed by a triager. I will
leave it as confirmed, tho, as this also effects me and I experience
identical symptoms. Also, I'm not quite sure about your package choice.
It seems that one component of Ubuntu detects our laptops as desktops,
and effects Unity, Gnome-Control-Centre, rather than each individual
program having a seperate bug.

Muchas Gracias!
Evan Peck ;~)

  Battery not detected under Power Statistics, Battery Indicator not
  showing in menu bar, and Battery Status setting under Power not
  sticking

Status in “gnome-control-center” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in “meta-gnome3” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in “unity” package in Ubuntu:

  When I start Ubuntu, when I login to Unity OR Gnome (whether it being
  Classic or regular Gnome), the battery indicator won't be showing in
  the status bar..

  Also, when the battery indicator isn't showing, the battery isn't
  detected in Power Statistics..

  When I open Gnome-Control-Center, the Show Battery Status in Menu Bar
  setting under Power shows a blank option, and if you choose an option,
  it doesn't stick..

  When I suspend and wake up the system, then it shows up..

  I have tried other things to get it show up like Alt > F2 and "r" as
  the command

  and Rebooting the system, and other things...

  This happens EVERY time I reboot, and is not a one time thing so that
  is how I know it is a bug..

  A quick Google search shows that it affects other users, not just me,
  so that is why I have changed the status of the bug to confirmed..

  What I expected to happen..

  I expected the system to display the status of the battery without
  having to put the system to "sleep" and wake the system..

  What happened?

  Every time I boot up the system after it has been completely powered
  off, the system doesn't display the battery indicator AND Power
  Statistics doesn't recognize my laptop battery that is in a fully
  functional condition (the battery isn't but 6 months old)..

  What did I do for this to happen?

  I did nothing but boot my system up..

  Package: gnome 1:3.0+6ubuntu3