** This bug is no longer a duplicate of bug 908380
   [ipw2200] nm-applet crashed with SIGABRT in g_assertion_message()
   Unable to connect to WLAN protected with WEP by using the intel 2200bg

  Some wireless networks are grayed out, though they are connectable.
  Ubuntu 12.04

Status in “network-manager” package in Ubuntu:

  I installed Ubuntu 12.04 (nonpae kernel version, downloadedin Ubuntu forum).
  Release:      12.04
  3.2.0-18-generic kernel.

  network-manager:
    Installed: 0.9.2.0+git201202161854.8572ecf-0ubuntu7
    Candidate: 0.9.2.0+git201202161854.8572ecf-0ubuntu7
    Version table:
   *** 0.9.2.0+git201202161854.8572ecf-0ubuntu7 0
          500 http://bg.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise/main i386 Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

  network-manager-pptp-gnome:
    Installed: 0.9.2.0-1ubuntu1
    Candidate: 0.9.2.0-1ubuntu1
    Version table:
   *** 0.9.2.0-1ubuntu1 0
          500 http://bg.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise/main i386 Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

  Wireless card is ipw2200

  Some of the connections in the list, which appears on click on the wireless
icon in the menu top right, are grayed out. I cannot click on them to enter
password and connect. When I select Edit connections fromthe same menu, and
enter name and password manually, this works OK.
  Had troubles connecting to wireless during install - after selecting a
wireless and entering password, clicking connect does nothing. Had to chose no
updates during install to be able to continue