What are my options to do something about this? I can certainly remove
all current files from lp:ubuntu/hardy/apport, download the current
hardy apport source, add them to the branch, and push --overwrite. But
that would neither have any history, nor be compatible with the UDD
branch format. Isn't it possible to just delete the branch and have the
package importer re-import it again?

** Changed in: apport (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: apport (Ubuntu)

** Also affects: apport (Ubuntu Hardy)

** Changed in: apport (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: apport (Ubuntu Hardy)

Packages, which is subscribed to apport in Ubuntu.

  lp:~ubuntu-core-dev/ubuntu/hardy/apport/ubuntu is a branch of 'hal',
  not 'apport'

Status in “apport” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in “apport” source package in Hardy:

  The Bazaar branch lp:~ubuntu-core-dev/ubuntu/hardy/apport/ubuntu is
  actually a branch of 'hal', not of 'apport' !