Thanks a lot for reporting this, however since gedit-plugins package is
not part of the default CD, this bug does not qualify as a papercut.

** Changed in: hundredpapercuts

** Also affects: gedit-plugins (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to gedit-plugins in Ubuntu.

  gedit plugin for external tools works some incorrect

Status in Light-Weight Text Editor for Gnome:
  New
Status in One Hundred Paper Cuts:
  Invalid
Status in “gedit-plugins” package in Ubuntu:

  When you use the 'External Tools' plugin for gedit, you can create
  your own external tool, e.g. compiling your current document by g++.
  So you open the External tools window, press "+" button, enter the
  command name ("Compiling") and click to the command text input ("Edit"
  or "Editing", maybe? I use not English localisation), and... we lose
  entered command name (Conversely in Nautilus and the most of other
  programs: when we rename smth and then click out of text input,
  renaming saves).

  We correct the name, press Enter, and name saves. Then we start
  entering our command... and are lost in thought because we don't know
  a variables like "$GEDIT_CURRENT_DOCUMENT_PATH"  or
  "$GEDIT_CURRENT_DOCUMENT_NAME". We should google it or look in other
  external tools.

  So we googled it and entered it and selected all the parameters like
  "Shortcut", "Input" and others. The last parameter is "All languages".
  We click at it, select C++ (of course, we don't want to try to compile
  Python file or Plain text file in g++ ) and press Esc to close this
  switch, but sometimes the External tools closes and the switch remains
  (in my case it happens all the time until I started writing this bug
  report). More, the switch leaves at the top of windows and closes only
  when gedit closes.