> but for now editing the configuration file works

What configuration file I must edit for enable dns caching (/etc/dnsmasq.conf
does not exist)?
I want fast and stable DNS resolving and I am not afraid global DNS cache
because there are no another users on my computer.

  No setting exists to enable/disable DNS cache in System
  Settings-->Network

Status in “network-manager” package in Ubuntu:

  Precise is now using DNSmasq for DNS cache. But no setting is apparent
  for disabling this DNS cache for users who do not want a DNS cache.

  The UbuntuBrainstorm asking for this feature said that users should be
  able to turn on/off the cache:
  http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/28926/