Thanks for the bug report. Can you please open a terminal and run the
command 'unity --reset' then see if the issue appears again for you.

** Package changed: ubuntu => unity (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: unity (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: unity

Packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

  Auto-Hide Launcher set to off after reboot

Status in Unity:
  Incomplete
Status in “unity” package in Ubuntu:

  Hello togehter,

  have updated Ubuntu 11.04 now to 12.04 (32bit) on my Dell Latitude D420.
  So far everything runs smooth.

  But now I have a small problem with the auto-hide function of the
  launcher.

  It is no problem to set it to on. But it auto-hides only until the last
reboot of my laptop.
  At the next startup it is set ack to off.
  On my other laptop (Inspiron 6400) and in a VM this error does not appear.

  Is anyone aware of this problem and knows a solution?

  Thanks a lot,
  Regards Tobias