Andrei, much of what is on Ubuntu is community driven, so the people
that handle most of the bugs in the Linux ecosystem are doing this
without payed for.

When it is not fast enough it was everytime since Linux arrise in a way
that the people who feel unconfortable with a bug were doing the fixing
by thereself. This has changed a bit in the last years and a Linux user
has have today not also a developer(which was common for long). Seeing
that there are tons of engineres in background is not correct. Primary
every linux user has the opportunity to become a developer. Thing of
that we do not have the Billon dollar infrastructure of Microsoft, where
you absolutly correct can come arround whith the expectation that there
should be enough engineers.

Search for "Ubuntu become developer"(guides and tutorials are there) and give
youself a try is my suggestion(I am also affected of this bug).

Packages, which is subscribed to rhythmbox in Ubuntu.

  Rhythmbox doesn't resume after Pause from a CD track

Status in The Rhythmbox Music Management Application:
  New
Status in “rhythmbox” package in Ubuntu:

  12.04 beta 2. I have a track playing from a CD (.wav file). If I hit
  Pause, then Play, it doesn't work. Not even if I change the track. It
  just starts spinning the CD in the CD-ROM drive for a couple of
  seconds, without any luck.

  Fixes:
  Ejecting the CD and putting it back in works.
  Also, obviously, closing the rhythmbox process and starting it up again works.