   Please provide a mechanism whereby Wi-Fi networks can be prioritized

  Network manager should have a "priority" option for wireless network

Status in “network-manager” package in Ubuntu:

  When several wireless networks are available, NetworkManager connects
  to one of the strongest SSID and there is no way (taht I know) to
  prioritize them.

  Example: in Spain we have a SSID wireless network that encompass most
  universities, "eduroam". I have that network defined and it connects
  ok. But when I am in MY university, which has an eduroam SSID
  available, I want to connect to the local "comillas" network, even if
  eduroam is stronger in signal because the firewalls are configured
  differently and, for example, I can print only when connected to it.
  NetworkManager now will connect to the strongest or, if they are (they
  typically are) at the same strenght, to one of them randomly.

  NetworkManager should have a way to mark "preferred" networks, to use
  even if there are other and stronger networks in sight. Thanks!