** Summary changed:

- slow wired connectivity after upgrade to 12.04
+ slow wired connectivity after upgrade to 12.04 -- Broadcom BCM5761, tg3

  slow wired connectivity after upgrade to 12.04 -- Broadcom BCM5761,
  tg3

Status in “network-manager” package in Ubuntu:

  Since I upgraded from 11.10 to 12.04 (i386 on a Dell Latitude E5520) my wired
connection became extremely slow.
  I also tried with a live cd of ubuntu 12.04 but I had the same problem.
  Now I'm working with Linux Mint 11 and Windows xp works good too.
  I usually connect through a proxy server and I have any problem downloading
packages with Synaptic or downloading files from internet like mail attachments
but I could wait minutes opening the page of gmail. If I connect with an
internet key, it works good.
  The problem seems to be only browsing web pages with a wired connection
through a proxy server, but I couldn't verify without using it.

  Paolo