Is this still a bug in Ubuntu 12.04?

** Summary changed:

- Orinoco_pci card stopped working after upgrade from Jaunty to Karmic
+ Orinoco_pci card stopped working after upgrade from Jaunty to Karmic -- ZCOM
XI-626

** Summary changed:

- Orinoco_pci card stopped working after upgrade from Jaunty to Karmic -- ZCOM
XI-626
+ Wi-Fi stopped working after upgrade from Jaunty to Karmic -- ZCOM XI-626
orinoco_pci

** Changed in: network-manager (Ubuntu)

  Wi-Fi stopped working after upgrade from Jaunty to Karmic -- ZCOM
  XI-626 orinoco_pci

Status in “network-manager” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: network-manager

  Hello, yesterday I upgraded Jaunty to Karmic. After upgrade, internet
  stopped working. I have ZCOM XI-626 card. In Jaunty I used orinoco_pci
  driver - no WEP (as I had problems even with WEP before). Now, I can
  not connect. I blacklisted all hostap related drivers (as I already
  know that in my kernel2.6.31-22 it is corrupted).

  I have just orinoco_pci and orinoco (no hermes - it does no more
  exist).

  gmesg gives me Connected-Disconnected messages - I am connected for
  15ms... Then I am getting "This firmware requires an ESSID in IBSS-Ad-
  Hoc mode" - no idea, what it is. Anyway, my SID is not broadcasted.

  If I try "iwlist scanning", sometimes I get the list, but mostly
  "Resource temporarily unavailable".

  My release is 9.10 Karmic, upgraded 16th of August 2010.

  What can I do to get my network working again ?