** Changed in: network-manager (Ubuntu)

  NM randomly loses wireless connection, both Wi-Fi and wireless
  broadband -- Atheros AR5001 ath5k

Status in “network-manager” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: network-manager

  This has happened with very many versions of Ubuntu. The problem is
  that sometimes, like once a month, my computer loses the wireless
  connection. Then nm-applet starts trying to find the connection again.
  After that wireless networking doesn't work, until it does. I don't
  know why it starts work again, but i have rebooted Ubuntu until my
  wireless networking starts working again. Maybe something in the boot
  process goes sometimes wrong?

  It also does the same with my mobile broadband. Mobile broadband and
  wireless networking don't usually get crippled at the same time.
  Sometimes the problem also occurs in a case in which the wireless
  networking or mobile broadband has been working last time the computer
  was on. On the next boot it just doesn't work.

  I don't know is the problem in nm-applet or network-manager. I guess
  it is in network-manager. The problem could also be in hardware
  detection or kernel. Anyway, nowadays lots of things depend on
  Internet connection and I can't use Ubuntu for working purposes
  because I cannot trust my Internet connection just works.

  * I'm using Ubuntu 10.04.1.
  * My network-manager is 0.8-0ubuntu3.
  * I expected my wireless networking to work.
  * Instead of working, nm-applet didn't show any available wireless networks.

  I don't exactly know how to reproduce the issue. With time it can be
  reproduced for example with Ubuntu 10.04 and Acer Aspire One 3G (model
  no. ZG5) and using it.

  lspci: 03:00.0 Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications Inc. AR5001
  Wireless Network Adapter (rev 01)

  Package: network-manager 0.8-0ubuntu3
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.32-24.42-generic 2.6.32.15+drm33.5
  Uname: Linux 2.6.32-24-generic i686
  Architecture: i386
  CRDA: Error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
  Date: Wed Sep  8 16:20:31 2010
  IfupdownConfig:
   auto lo
   iface lo inet loopback
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 10.04 LTS "Lucid Lynx" - Release i386 (20100429)
  IpRoute:
   192.168.1.0/24 dev wlan0  proto kernel  scope link  src 192.168.1.2  metric
2
   169.254.0.0/16 dev wlan0  scope link  metric 1000
   default via 192.168.1.1 dev wlan0  proto static
  Keyfiles: Error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
  ProcEnviron:
   LANG=en_US.utf8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: network-manager