** Changed in: network-manager (Ubuntu)

  Installing Compiz Advanced settings & awn crashes network manager

Status in “network-manager” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  After I installed Compiz Advanced settings, emerald, advant window
  navigator, pidgin, and ubuntu restricted extras in Ubuntu 10.4 beta 2,
  the network manager crashes, and won't come back up even after reboot,
  which makes it impossible to connect to wireless networks.  I am
  running Ubuntu on a XPS M1330 laptop.  This happens in both beta 1 &
  beta 2.  Although at one point it was all working in Beta 1, before I
  ran updates and/or installed KDE, but I didn't touch KDE the second
  time.  I didn't wipe my home partition on the reinstall, but when I
  first booted to Ubuntu it worked fine.  While synaptic was installing
  the packages I asked it to, gnome crashed (I submitted the error) then
  I waited for the install to complete, rebooted, and my network manager
  disappeared and won't come back.  I have Intel graphics, and an Intel
  wireless card.