Thank you for taking the time for report this bug. It would be great if
you try the Ubuntu LiveCD 12.04 and test if is an issue still ? Thanks
in advance!

** Package changed: ubuntu => nautilus (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: nautilus (Ubuntu)

  Ctrl blinks with an aureole

Status in “nautilus” package in Ubuntu:

  To rename a file I press F2, then I want to paste another name by
  pressing Ctrl+V, but when I press Ctrl key the name of the file goes
  back to the old one. So, I have to use right button of the mouse to do
  it which is less convinient. This happens since 5-7 days. Basically,
  when I click on the name of a file or folder and press Ctrl I get back
  to grey and cursor starts to blink like an aureole.

  Package: nautilus 1:2.32.2.1-0ubuntu13
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.38-15.59-generic 2.6.38.8