If it's difficult to test we can at least test that there is no
regression in normal use...

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-panel in Ubuntu.

  The panel encountered a problem while loading... on a live session

Status in Desktop panel for GNOME:
  Fix Released
Status in “gnome-panel” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in “gnome-panel” source package in Precise:
  Fix Committed
Status in “gnome-panel” package in Debian:

  Impact: some applets fail to load sometimes on login

  Test Case:
  log into gnome classic and make sure your applets are correctly loading

  Regression potential: the applets could not load as they should

  ---

  ISO Testing Natty Alpha3, booting in a live session I get errors about
  Applet Loading. While reporting I'm having «The panel encountered a
  problem while loading "TrashAppletFactory::TrashApplet" » but in a
  previous boot I got error on notification area applet.

  Testcase performed: Live Session:
  http://testcases.qa.ubuntu.com/Install/DesktopLiveSession

  Attaching a screenshot