What release of Ubuntu is this for?

Please try with a 12.04 LiveCD and see if it helps.

When I create a WPA Enterprise network, I am asked for the CA
certificate; so it does appear to work for me.

** Changed in: network-manager (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: network-manager (Ubuntu)

  Certificate Of Authority for Wireless@SG public wifi network login not
  available

Status in “network-manager” package in Ubuntu:

  Hi,

  I tried to set up Ubuntu Network Manager with the Wireless@SG Seamless
  and Secure Access (SSA) government-sponsored free public wifi network
  in Singapore.

  However, I was unable to do so.

  I wrote in to the administrators and asked for Linux-specific setup
  instructions, and received a reply in which they mentioned that Linux
  is NOT officially supported because it does not support Authority
  Certificate. (see below)

  Please help?

  More information about Wireless@SG SSA setup instructions for various OSes
can be found here.
       http://www.infocomm123.sg/wireless_at_sg/ssa#manual

  -- Original Message from Wireless@SG Administrator --

  Dear Rykel,

  Linux does not support the Authority Certificate out-of-box. However,
  you may wish to try the following method below for your Linux machine.

  SSID : Wireless@SGx
  Mode : Infrastructure
  Security : WPA & WPA2 Enterprise
  Authentication : Protected EAP (PEAP)
  PEAP Version : Version 0
  CA/Authority Cert Godaddy Class 2: Please click here
'https://certs.godaddy.com/anonymous/repository.seam' to download and install
the “gd-class2-root.cer” certificate to your device.
  Inner authentication : MSCHAPv2
  UID : x...@m1net.com.sg
  Pwd : xxx