Ingo Ruhnke:  The behvior of firefox not releasing the pointer grab is
different than the behavior of this bug.

For this bug, firefox works continues to work correctly, but you can not
do any drag and drop.

I have seen the behavior you describe with FF13.  For me, it is new with
FF13, I didn't run into it in earlier versions.  Perhaps you could start
a new bug for it, and link to it here?

  drag and drop bookmark functionality broken

Status in “firefox” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: firefox

  If I have the bookmarks toolbar enabled, I should be able to do the
  following three actions:

  1) Click on a bookmark in the bookmark toolbar and drag it to a new location
in the toolbar.
  2) Click on the icon in a tab, and drag the description to the bookmark
toolbar to create a new bookmark.
  3) Click on the icon for the current page in the location bar and drag it to
the bookmark toolbar to create a new bookmark.

  About 50% of the times I open Firefox, none of these actions work.
  When these actions work, if I do action (1), then all of the actions stop
working.

  This is repeatable, without fail.
  I have tested with two different users (so different profiles.)

  Package: firefox 3.6+nobinonly-0ubuntu6
  Uname: Linux 2.6.34-999-generic i686
  Architecture: i386
  Date: Mon Mar 29 13:40:02 2010
  FirefoxPackages:
   firefox 3.6+nobinonly-0ubuntu6
   firefox-gnome-support 3.6+nobinonly-0ubuntu6
   firefox-branding 3.6+nobinonly-0ubuntu6
   abroswer N/A
   abrowser-branding N/A
  InstallationMedia: Error: [Errno 13] Permission denied:
'/var/log/installer/media-info'
  ProcEnviron:
   PATH=(custom, user)
   LANG=en_US.utf8