** No longer affects: null

Packages, which is subscribed to metacity in Ubuntu.

  [FFe] [UIFe]: Multimonitor support for Unity-2d

Status in Unity 2D:
  Fix Released
Status in “metacity” package in Ubuntu:

  In order to provide an acceptable multimonitor experience in Unity-2d
  we request Feature Freeze & UI Freeze Exemptions so that we can merge
  the branches for Unity-2d and metacity that implement that feature.

  The metacity code is needed to make it expose the proprietary
_UNITY_NET_WORKAREA_REGION atom, to support struts in the middle of the
workarea and to report union of workspaces in _NET_WORKAREA instead of just one
  Three bugs for that can be found at
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/metacity/+bug/798156
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/metacity/+bug/947249
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/metacity/+bug/950774
  The branch that is going to be merged can be found  at
https://code.launchpad.net/~aacid/metacity/metacity_multimonitor_struts

  The unity-2d code is needed to make the unity-2d-shell, unity-2d-panel and
unity-2d-spread binaries screen aware, it implements the design specifications
for MultiMonitor
  The branch that is going to be merged can be found  at
https://code.launchpad.net/~unity-2d-team/unity-2d/Shell-MultiMonitor

  This increases feature parity with regard to Unity launcher-per-screen
  (if user enables it), dash showing in the correct screen, hud showing
  in the correct screen, launcher marking the correct windows per
  screen, etc.

  More information to follow