** Changed in: jockey (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to jockey in Ubuntu.

  fglrx works, but window moving/resizing and scrolling are very, very
  slow; desktop effects don't work

Status in “jockey” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: xorg-driver-fglrx

  I upgraded to intrepid as soon as I saw that the issue with fglrx and
  the new xorg was resolved. The driver works, but with some pretty big
  problems. The biggest problem is that scrolling and moving/resizing
  windows is very, very slow and choppy. Also trying to enable desktop
  effects fails with this output in the terminal:

  jeremy@jeremy-laptop:~$ gnome-appearance-properties
  [here I try to enable desktop effects through the appearance menu]
  There is no available graphics driver for your system which supports the
composite extension, or the current one already supports it.
  Checking for Xgl: not present.
  Detected PCI ID for VGA:
  Checking for texture_from_pixmap: not present.
  Trying again with indirect rendering:
  Checking for texture_from_pixmap: not present.
  aborting and using fallback: /usr/bin/metacity

  Running fglrxinfo in the terminal gives me this:

  jeremy@jeremy-laptop:~$ fglrxinfo
  X Error of failed request:  BadRequest (invalid request code or no such
operation)
    Major opcode of failed request:  160 (GLX)
    Minor opcode of failed request:  19 (X_GLXQueryServerString)
    Serial number of failed request:  10

  In the jockey/Hardware Drivers menu, there is a green light beside the
  fglrx driver, and it says "This driver is activated but not currently
  in use."

  I have tried with a stock "dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg"
  xorg.conf, then again after running aticonfig --initial, and also with
  the xorg.conf created by jockey, and experimented with different xorg
  options myself, all to no avail.