** Changed in: software-center (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to software-center in Ubuntu.

  Ubuntu Software Center does not installing packages from Local
  repository

Status in “software-center” package in Ubuntu:

  Ubuntu software center is not able to install packages from local repository
as this question in AskUbuntu.com suggests:
  Link http://askubuntu.com/q/137426/61218

  I have a Local repository, created to avoid re-downloading of
  packages. It is a trusted repository, so no "Authentication errors"
  are there. I've tested it with synaptic and apt-get.

  But I don't want to install synaptic every time, I install Ubuntu
  (since synaptic is removed from default Live CD since Oneiric).

  The problem is : "Ubuntu Software Center" does not install packages
  from local repository. The install button is greyed out. It installs
  packages only when I connect to the Internet and for some unknown
  reason it re-downloads the packages which are also in my Local
  repository.

  My question is: How can I use Software-Center to install packages from
  local repository ?

  Note: I have placed my local apt line to the top of the sources.list
  file and installing from `apt-get` do not require re-downloading for
  the same packages.

  Here is the output of command from apt-get :

  anwar@Ubuntu:~$ sudo apt-get install nautilus-wipe --print-uris
  [sudo] password for anwar:
  Reading package lists... Done
  Building dependency tree
  Reading state information... Done
    nautilus-wipe
  0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 131 not upgraded.
  Need to get 0 B/30.7 kB of archives.
  After this operation, 150 kB of additional disk space will be used.

'file:/media/Main/Linux-Software/Ubuntu/Precise/./precise-debs/nautilus-wipe_0.1.1-2_i386.deb'
 nautilus-wipe_0.1.1-2_i386.deb 30730 MD5Sum:7d497b8dfcefe1c0b51a45f3b0466994

  It is okay with the local copy.

  Ubuntu Software Center is not happy with the local copy. The install
  button is grayed out. Why? http://i.stack.imgur.com/nNlYj.png

  It may save time to fix bug 926763 at the same time as this bug.