Hi,

It also happened to me when using an HP Cloud / EC2 image: the VM is in English
and when trying to change language to Spanish, I'm reproducing this bug.
Running as root, as explained by Jakub, works fine, and I've been able to
switch language.

Fabrice

** Changed in: language-selector (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to language-selector in Ubuntu.

  gnome-language-selector crashed with DBusException in call_blocking():
  org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod: Method "SetLanguage" with
  signature "s" on interface "org.freedesktop.Accounts.User" doesn't
  exist

Status in “language-selector” package in Ubuntu:

  Nothing more writing on terminal and this error appeared ! I have two
  layouts: Ara, En

  ProblemType: Crash
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 11.10
  Package: language-selector-gnome 0.51
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.38-8.42-generic 2.6.38.2
  Uname: Linux 2.6.38-8-generic i686
  ApportVersion: 1.22.1-0ubuntu2
  Architecture: i386