Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make
Ubuntu better. The issue that you reported is one that should be
reproducible with the live environment of the Desktop CD of the
development release - Quantal Quetzal. It would help us greatly if you
could test with it so we can work on getting it fixed in the next
release of Ubuntu. You can find out more about the development release
at http://www.ubuntu.com/testing/ . Thanks again and we appreciate your
help.

** Changed in: network-manager (Ubuntu)

  delay in connecting to wireless networks with Broadcom Corporation
  BCM4328 on startup and suspend/resume

Status in “network-manager” package in Ubuntu:

  I have the Broadcom STA wireless driver activated in the Hardware
  Drivers. I'm connecting to a WPA wireless network. Every time that the
  wireless tries to reconnect either at startup, suspend/resume or even
  just disconnecting and reconnecting on the wireless by clicking the
  network in network manager it takes anywhere from 15-60 seconds. When
  using the network from OSX connection takes a second or two max, it's
  the same with other laptops on the network. I think there may be a bug
  with either the Broadcom supplied driver or the way it's used in
  network-manager. I can't find any other mentions of this issues except

  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/network-manager/+bug/354782

  The machine is a Macbook 3,1 with a Broadcom BCM4328

  02:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Broadcom Corporation BCM4328
  802.11a/b/g/n [14e4:4328] (rev 03)

  lsb_release -rd
  Release:      9.04

  network-manager:
    Installed: 0.7.1~rc4.1.cf199a964-0ubuntu2
    Candidate: 0.7.1~rc4.1.cf199a964-0ubuntu2
    Version table:
   *** 0.7.1~rc4.1.cf199a964-0ubuntu2 0
          500 http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au jaunty/main Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status