Lenses are not in the launcher anymore. They can only accessed from
within the dash.

** Changed in: unity

** Changed in: unity (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: ayatana-design

Packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

  Applications and Documents lenses can't be moved to the top of the
  Unity bar

Status in Ayatana Design:
  Invalid
Status in Unity:
  Invalid
Status in “unity” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  I am accustomed to have the general options closer to the main menu,
  and the specific options farther from it (a rule of thumb derived from
  the Fitts law, by the way). Who knows who designed the lenses to be
  shown on the bottom, but I would like to be able to move them to the
  top of the Unity bar (currently, all lenses must stay below of all
  launchers and cannot be forced to move to the top of the panel). This
  is particularly annoying when multiple launchers are placed, and the
  user is forced to scroll to show the applications lense and click it.