On Sunday 19 August 2012 07:25 PM, Dave Lentz wrote:
> There is no need to be sorry, but you did not post the log :\
> Please run this command in the terminal:
> apport-collect 1038490

When I run'd the command this was the report:

appu@avg-ubuntu-Aspire-5738:~$ apport-collect 1038490
The authorization page:

(https://launchpad.net/+authorize-token?oauth_token=GLR3mLJcglCDlT7gTGK7&allow_permission=DESKTOP_INTEGRATION)
should be opening in your browser. Use your browser to authorize
this program to access Launchpad on your behalf.
Press any key to continue or wait (5) seconds...
Waiting to hear from Launchpad about your decision...
No packages found matching jockey.

Packages, which is subscribed to jockey in Ubuntu.

  Additional drivers cant be install'd

Status in “jockey” package in Ubuntu:

  I think it is realated to the jocky package becuse in the error report
  is says :

  Sorry, installation of this driver failed.

  Please have a look at the log file for details: /var/log/jockey.log

  the log file is attach'd
  I am trying to install ATI graphical drivers
  I am using ubuntu 12.04LTS
  I need more graphics for some programs like tribal troble to work
  but when i click the activate a new window pop-up it says downloading and it
have a bar wich slowly moves. when it reachs half way the error report comes.
pls help me
  ---
  .var.log.jockey.log:

  EcryptfsInUse: Yes
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS "Precise Pangolin" - Alpha amd64
(20120308)
  MachineType: Acer Aspire 5738
  Package: jockey (not installed)
  ProcEnviron:
   LANGUAGE=en_IN:en
   TERM=xterm
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   LANG=en_IN
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  ProcKernelCmdLine: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-3.5.0-7-generic
root=UUID=bdec82ce-2543-4fbd-8f3d-f5108bc9b3ca ro quiet splash vt.handoff=7
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.5.0-7.7~precise1-generic 3.5.0
  Tags:  precise running-unity
  UserGroups: adm cdrom dip lpadmin plugdev sambashare sudo
  dmi.bios.date: 12/08/2009
  dmi.bios.vendor: Phoenix Technologies LTD
  dmi.bios.version: V1.25
  dmi.board.name: JV50
  dmi.board.vendor: Acer
  dmi.board.version: Rev
  dmi.chassis.type: 10
  dmi.chassis.vendor: Acer
  dmi.chassis.version: N/A
  dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnPhoenixTechnologiesLTD:bvrV1.25:bd12/08/2009:svnAcer:pnAspire5738:pvr0100:rvnAcer:rnJV50:rvrRev:cvnAcer:ct10:cvrN/A:
  dmi.product.name: Aspire 5738
  dmi.product.version: 0100
  dmi.sys.vendor: Acer