** Attachment added: "20120821_204930.jpg"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1039847/+attachment/3271279/+files/20120821_204930.jpg

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-screensaver in Ubuntu.

  screensaver displays partial desktop

Status in “gnome-screensaver” package in Ubuntu:

  When I want to return to my desktop from a black screensaver,
  sometimes, when I nudge the mouse, I get a partial desktop as captured
  in the attached photo.

  This problem is intermittent.

  Note that there is an element of a security threat in this bug.  Any
  stranger at my PC can detect my launcher apps as well as which app is
  open and has focus.

  In the example, Chromium browser is open and has focus.

  Fortunately, the bug masks the display of the browser window.

  Package: gnome-screensaver 3.4.1-0ubuntu1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.2.0-29.46-generic-pae 3.2.24
  Uname: Linux 3.2.0-29-generic-pae i686
  ApportVersion: 2.0.1-0ubuntu12
  Architecture: i386
  Date: Tue Aug 21 21:51:55 2012
  EcryptfsInUse: Yes
  GnomeSessionIdleInhibited: No
  GnomeSessionInhibitors: None
  GsettingsGnomeSession:
   org.gnome.desktop.session idle-delay uint32 600
   org.gnome.desktop.session session-name 'ubuntu'
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS "Precise Pangolin" - Release i386
(20120423)
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: gnome-screensaver
  WindowManager: No value set for
`/desktop/gnome/session/required_components/windowmanager'