Problem was not present on Monday 20th August but appeared on the
Tuesday after the available upgrades were installed last thing Monday
night.  The landscape page had printed out OK early Monday evening and
with no alterations would only print in portrait format on the Tuesday
evening.  I do not get the problem in Precise - only in Quantal which I
have as a dual boot with Precise.  Currently I'm booting into Precise to
print the landscape pages and this works just fine with the same file.

  Libreoffice will no longer print landscape page

Status in “libreoffice” package in Ubuntu:

  Since update yesterday, landscape pages print as portrait.  print
  preview shows a landscape layout, but output from printer always comes
  out as a portrait page.  The problem did not occur two days ago, and
  does not occur when printing from other applications (eg pdf viewer).

  Package: libreoffice (not installed)
  Uname: Linux 3.5.0-11-generic i686
  ApportVersion: 2.4-0ubuntu8
  Architecture: i386
  Date: Wed Aug 22 13:08:56 2012
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.10 "Quantal Quetzal" - Alpha i386 (20120730.1)
  ProcEnviron:
   LANGUAGE=en_GB:en
   TERM=xterm
   PATH=(custom, no user)