Um...I take that back.  Literally, as soon as I pressed Post Comment for
the comment above, menus stopped working in Firefox.  It's almost like
Firefox is playing some kind of sick joke on me.

When I right-click anywhere in the browser, on a page or in the chrome,
the menu begins to draw, but disappears before it can even fully appear.
It barely flickers into view, and sometimes it doesn't even do that.

And it's happening in Firefox 15 now.

  Drop downs, drag-and-drop and right click menus don't work with
  Mozilla ff/tb 14.0

Status in “firefox” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in “unity-2d” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in “unity-2d” source package in Natty:

  This bug is similar to bug 1016386, which was recently fixed for
  thunderbird 13.0.1. When testing the latest Mozilla betas from the
  mozillateam/firefox-next and mozillateam/thunderbird-next PPAs, I
  noticed that firefox and thunderbird 14.0 have a similar problem.

  I believe this is specific to unity-2d in Natty. I cannot reproduce it
  in the default Natty fallback (Ubuntu Classic) when unity-2d is not
  installed.

  Thunderbird drop down menu test case:
  1. Launch thunderbird from the Unity launcher
  2. Edit -> Account Settings
  3. Click on account actions, it should show a drop down of choices, but
doesn't

  Firefox drop down menu test case:
  1. Launch firefox from the Unity launcher
  2. Edit -> Preferences
  3. Click the "When Firefox starts" drop down. It should show several choice
but doesn't.

  NOTE: Only after triggering the drop down menu bugs, will the
  following test cases fail.

  Firefox drag and drop test case:
  1. Launch firefox from the Unity launcher
  2. Enable the bookmarks toolbar: View -> Toolbars -> Bookmarks Toolbar
  3. Now attempt to drag the globe from the left side of the URL box into the
bookmarks
     toolbar area. It should add the URL as a bookmark and create an icon but
doesn't.

  Firefox right click test case:
  1. Launch firefox from the Unity launcher
  2. Try right clicking (on a link or in a dead area). The right click menu
doesn't
     display.