** Changed in: nautilus

  Word wrap long file names in list view

Status in One Hundred Paper Cuts:
  Invalid
Status in Nautilus:
  Won't Fix
Status in “nautilus” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: nautilus

  I would like the Nautilus list view to wrap long file names. This
  behaviour could be optional (configurable).

  I have a number of scientific papers with very long names, eg.
  "[nigam-aiaa-2008-5913] Control and Design of Multiple Unmanned Air
  Vehicles for a Persistent Surveillance Task.pdf". On my widescreen
  desktop, enough of the name is visible to be useful; however, on my
  Acer netbook the name is ellipsized and the column can't be expanded
  enough.

  At one point I accidentally renamed a file using a copied-and-pasted
  string with some kind of newline character in it, and the Nautilus
  list view showed the filename on two lines in an expanded row. I was
  delighted by what I *thought* was a new feature until I realized it
  wasn't one. Maybe it should be!