>From the security team's perspective, we'd much rather have the final
webkit release in rather than an unstable snapshot to shake out any
issues with the new pieces while it's still the dev release.  Otherwise,
we'd prefer to revert to 1.8, which would mean reverting anything that
uses the new webkit version (epiphany and various other pieces of GNOME)
which would be a real mess.  I currently plan to update quantal with the
1.10.x stable release branch as the releases come out.

Packages, which is subscribed to webkit in Ubuntu.

  FFE: Update webkit to 1.9.91

Status in Webkit Direct Port:
  Fix Released
Status in “webkit” package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress
Status in “webkit” source package in Quantal:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  From http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2012/05/25/%23ubuntu-
  desktop.html#t07:49:

  [07:49] <micahg> seb128: is anyone working on webkit in quantal?
  [07:49] <seb128> micahg, no, nobody has been working on webkit in Ubuntu for
cycle, I just took up on doing the updates previous cycle because they were
stalling
  [07:50] <seb128> micahg, though we might be able to sync 1.9.2 from Debian
experimental, I planned to look at that
  [07:50] <micahg> seb128: do we need to take 1.10 for Q?
  [07:50] <seb128> micahg, "need to", I don't know but they follow the GNOME
cycle and I would not be surprised if i.e epiphany requires 1.9
  [07:53] <micahg> seb128: ok, thanks, if you don't get to it by next week, I
might take a look at syncing/merging 1.8.1 from unstable (would prefer you do
it though :))
  [07:54] <seb128> micahg, does it mean you prefer not to go for 1.9? why?
  [07:54] <micahg> seb128: well, the idea was to support 1.8 for 5 years, if Q
is on 1.8, that's one less extra thing to worry about
  [07:55] <micahg> OTOH, if 1.10 doesn't have any ABI breaks, might be worth
jumping
  [07:55] <seb128> micahg, right, let's see what goes in 1.9 and if GNOME
starts depending on it
  [07:55] <seb128> micahg, I will let you know
  [07:55] <micahg> seb128: thanks