** Changed in: software-center (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Gary Lasker (gary-lasker)

** Changed in: software-center (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: software-center (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: software-center (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to software-center in Ubuntu.

  Feature Freeze Exception: Recommender feedback (no UI change)

Status in “software-center” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  Hello! We'd like to request a FFe for a small (but very useful)
  feature that we'd like to add to Ubuntu Software Center. This is the
  client-side implementation for the feature described in bug 944060.

  Essentially, the feature works like this. If a person has opted-in to
  receive recommendations in Software Center (and so has agreed to
  upload a list of their installed packages to the recommender service
  as a basis for their recommendations), we want to augment our ability
  to improve our recommendations by signaling to the recommender service
  whenever an item that has been recommended has actually been
  installed. It's as simple as that. This kind of "implicit" feedback is
  expected to be very useful in improving the quality of the
  recommendations that we make.

  Note that if the user has *not* opted in to the recommendations
  service, no such call is ever made. This feature is inactive in that
  case.

  The feature is completely implemented in the back end and does not
  involve any changes in the UI. The attached branch contains the code.
  Note that there is a thorough unit test for the feature included in
  the branch.

  The risk of regression is pretty much negligible.

  Once we have your approval we will merge the branch to USC trunk for
  release in Quantal.

  Many thanks!!