I've checked that the same issue (nautilus hangs) occurs when trying to
view / set file properties of .CR2 files (Canon proprietary raw data
format). I attach a .CR2 file from a Canon EOS 1 Ds Mark III to this
comment.

** Attachment added: "Canon .CR2 file (Canon's proprietary raw data format)"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nautilus/+bug/1043614/+attachment/3312855/+files/5M1E9687.CR2

  Nautilus hangs on viewing .dng file properties

Status in “nautilus” package in Ubuntu:

  Nautilus hangs each time I intend to view / change the properties of a .DNG
file (raw camera data). I right-click the preview image and choose "Properties"
in the contextual menu, the program hangs / crashes immediately. Apport does
not appear. There is no problem when viewing properties of e.g. .JPEG files or
text files etc.
  I am running Unity under Ubuntu Precise 12.04.1. Nautilus manages the desktop
(nautilus -n). Version of package "nautilus" is nautilus 1:3.4.2-0ubuntu4