Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: libreoffice (Ubuntu)

  Libreoffice menu inconsistently does not appear

Status in LibreOffice Productivity Suite:
  New
Status in “libreoffice” package in Ubuntu:

  Libre Offices's global menu does not appear randomly when opening the
  application.

  I have found the following steps reproduce it everytime for me. I have
  attached a video which should make it clearer, but will type it as
  well:

  - Restart/log into ubuntu
  - Open nautilus
  - Open a .ODT file [Global menu not shown], close,
  - Open a .DOC file [Global menu not shown], close,
  - Search 'Wr' and open 'Writer' in dash [Global menu lags slightly, then
shows properly], close,
  - Open dash again and launch 'Writer' [Global menu shows properly, in fact
launched before I hovered over],
  - Lock Writer to launcher, close,
  - Open Writer from launcer [Global menu not shown], close,
  - Unlock from launcher, close
  - Open dash and launch 'Writer' [Global menu not shown], close,
  - Open dash and launch 'Writer' [Global menu not shown], close,

  These steps happen the same everytime. But in general, is seems to
  happen randomly. Please see video. Running latest quantal updates.
  Note I'm using linux 3.2.0-30-generic as I'm having problems with my
  optimus graphics card with the latest version.

  Let me know if I can help any further.

  Package: libreoffice (not installed)
  Date: Wed Sep 12 11:45:29 2012
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS "Precise Pangolin" - Release amd64
(20120823.1)
  ProcEnviron:
   LANGUAGE=en_GB:en
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   LANG=en_GB.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: libreoffice
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to quantal on 2012-09-09 (2 days ago)