Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: eclipse (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to eclipse in Ubuntu.

  All plugins stop work when GRECLIPSE is installed on Eclipse

Status in “eclipse” package in Ubuntu:

  Steps to reproduce the issue:
  1 - Get a clean eclipse install by APT (apt-get install eclipse)
  2 - Help->Install New Software
  3 - Using this update site
http://dist.springsource.org/release/GRECLIPSE/e3.7/, install "Groovy-Eclipse
(Required)". Restart Eclipse.
  4 - In Help -> About Eclipse Platform, the groovy icon does not appear, but
can be see in "Installation Details". I don't any plugin stuff like create a
groovy project, create groovy class, etc.

  If I try to install other plugins, and then install the groovy-
  eclipse, all other plugins stop to work, including the groovy-eclipse.

  First I open this issue on Jira Codehaus, but in discussion we conclude that
the problem is on how the eclipse is packaged.
  https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRECLIPSE-1431

  Package: eclipse 3.7.2-1
  NonfreeKernelModules: wl