also affected 2x acer computers
acer et1352 desttop nvidia driver linuxmint 12
acer aspire 4349 intel sandybridge ubuntu 12.04.1
no fixes work on either

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-settings-daemon in Ubuntu.

  Change brightness keys don't work on Acer Aspire One D270

Status in Gnome Settings Daemon:
  Incomplete
Status in “gnome-settings-daemon” package in Ubuntu:

  Pressing Fn+right/left should change the brightness of the display on
  my Acer Aspire One D270 netbook but it doesn't.

  I've read several times about the workaround which consists of adding
  "acpi_backlight=vendor" to /etc/default/grub but it doesn't work in
  that particular case.

  Please tell me which additional information you need to address this
  problem. Thanks in advance.