I can comment on this too, Evince prints a document partially, it is missing
the extreme upper and lower parts on paper but not in the preview. In XPDF the
whole document IS printed! So one can conclude that it is not the printer
driver and not the printer, in my case a HP 8150, unless of course XPDF uses a
different approach to print the document, whatever setting I try in the
preview. The next weird thing is that Evince always prints an extra empty page,
no matter what I try to set.
In Evince, embedded photos show broken up in several parts with thin white
lines in between them, this, however is not always the case so must depend on
the original embedded material used. In XPDF that is not the case with the same
material. Needless to say that Adobe's viewer is doing this right too.
If this is a case of Evince 2.30.3 in Lucid, my question is: Why can't this be
updated? I know...switch to Precise...but Precise has the problem of not
willing to use my Epson V500 scanner and Lucid does... And Lucid is also still
LTS...

Packages, which is subscribed to poppler in Ubuntu.

  Evince does not print images in some pdf files.

Status in Poppler:
  Confirmed
Status in “cups” package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in “poppler” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: evince

  Evince fails to print the image in .pdf file.

  It shows up correctly in preview, acroread prints it properly.

  To reproduce:

  1) Download this here invoice:
http://www.mlink.net.pl/~imachine/faktura_24_2010_12-03-2010.pdf
  2) Preview in Evince - company logo is here.
  3) Print - company logo is not on paper.

  Frustrating, used to work, just stopped at some point, too far back in
  time now to find out tho :/

  Cheers!