This bug was fixed in the package cups - 1.6.1-0ubuntu6

---------------
cups (1.6.1-0ubuntu6) quantal; urgency=low

  * debian/patches/network-backends-snmp-queries-optional.patch: SNMP queries
    by network backends can get suppressed now by adding "?snmp=false" to the
    end of the URI. SBNP queries to Bonjour-shared CUPS queue will get
    suppressed by default.
  * debian/patches/usb-backend-more-quirk-rules.patch: Added more quirk rules
    which are not yet committed upstream: Canon MP510 (LP: #1050009),
    MP550 (CUPS STR #4155), Brother HL-1430 (LP: #1038695), Oki Okipage 14ex
    (LP: #872483), Oki B410d (LP: #872483), all Zebra printers (LP: #1001028).
  *
debian/patches/get-ppd-file-for-statically-configured-ipp-shared-queues.patch:
    Applications could not get the PPD file for statically-configured IPP-
    shared print queues (CUPS STR #4178)
 -- Till Kamppeter <till.kamppe...@gmail.com>   Thu, 20 Sep 2012 00:06:30 +0200

** Changed in: cups (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to cups in Ubuntu.

  Brother HL-1430 left in wrong state after printing in 12.04

Status in CUPS - Common Unix Printing System:
  New
Status in “cups” package in Ubuntu:

  After an update of cups from 1.5.3-0ubuntu1 to 1.5.3-0ubuntu3 my
  HL-1430 laserprinter is left in a wrong state. If I print a Libreoffice text
  file containing two png images. It is impossible two print after this,
  it takes very long to print afterwards and it is printing a blank page
  at the most. After a powercycle of the printer, printing is possible again.
  This only takes place on my 64-bits computer with Ubuntu12.04 64bits.
  A simple Libre-office textfile with only text does not give any problem.

  On the same computer there is a Ubuntu11.10 32bit system updated upto
  cups 1.5.3-0ubuntu3 too. This doesn't give any problems at all, with the
  same Libre-office file.

  My (ugly) solution was to restore an old root-filesystem of 27 July 2012
  and updating the system upto now *EXCEPT* cups.
  I now have a completely updated the system with cups 1.5.3-0ubuntu1 (!) and
  wait for updating cups until this bug has been fixed.