** Changed in: gnome-netstatus (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-netstatus in Ubuntu.

  Gnome Network Monitor panel applet doesn't have properly transparent
  background

Status in GNOME Network Monitor Applet:
  Won't Fix
Status in “gnome-netstatus” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: gnome-applets

  The Network Monitor Gnome panel applet (setup by default on a new
  Feisty Herd 2 install) does not have a properly transparent
  background.

  I will attach a screenshot to illustrate.  I remember seeing many of
  these bugs in the past for other applets, so hopefully this one can be
  fixed quickly and easily as well.