Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make
Ubuntu better. The issue you are reporting is an upstream one and it
would be nice if somebody having it could send the bug to the developers
of the software by following the instructions at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Upstream/GNOME. If you have done so, please
tell us the number of the upstream bug (or the link), so we can add a
bugwatch that will inform us about its status. Thanks in advance.

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-power-manager in Ubuntu.

  gnome-power-manager suspends my system when wget is running

Status in “gnome-power-manager” package in Ubuntu:

  Gnome-power-manager is supposed to facilitate better power usage. But
  it proves it's stupid. It's stupid because it make my system suspended
  when I was downloading important files using wget. I see very clearly
  in the preference page of gnome-power-manager that it promises the
  user  it won't suspend the system until there is 'no activity' taking
  placing for 1 hour in   power mode [AC] and for half an hour in power
  mode [Battery]. And just like many other system tools in gnome, it's
  lying again. It suspends my system even when wget is running in the
  gnome-terminal and there is network activities launched by the user
  himself, without asking.  I call this stupid. I call this
  irresponsible. I call this dishonest.

  Package: gnome-power-manager 3.6.0-0ubuntu1
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
  CheckboxSubmission: dc89d7045010e30edab47e64ddffb63e
  CheckboxSystem: 2954e74ba17fb0e37fc942cd1d9fab4e