** Summary changed:

- gaim should be able to turn on an away message when xscreensaver activates
+ Pidgin should be able to turn on an away message when xscreensaver activates

Packages, which is subscribed to pidgin in Ubuntu.

  Pidgin should be able to turn on an away message when xscreensaver
  activates

Status in Pidgin:
  Fix Released
Status in “pidgin” package in Ubuntu:

  I think gaim should have an option to turn on an away message when
xscreensaver
  activates. This would keep users from having to do one more thing before
leaving
  the computer. Also, when the screensaver is activated it's not possible to
read
  new messages, so I think this would be a sensible default.