@Kevin

It will actually be worse than on Windows where shared printer are
automatically added...

I wish we could downgrade cups for quantal until those features are back
in one form or another...

Packages, which is subscribed to cups in Ubuntu.

  Printer sharing via CUPS broadcasting dropped in CUPS 1.6.x

Status in Release Notes for Ubuntu:
  New
Status in “cups” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in “system-config-printer” package in Ubuntu:

  Ever since upgrading to Quantal the 'Show printers shared by other
  systems' option is greyed out in System Settings -> Printing.  (And,
  perhaps redundantly, advertised printers which I saw before the
  upgrade, no longer appear.)