hi - I should not have to explain "constructive" to you, since you presumably
have agreed to the Ubuntu guidelines.
However, I've found a poor correlation between the guidelines and practice.

"Constructive" means that you (a) focus on the actual issues, and (b) make
suggestions for improvement.
It differs from "subjective comments".  A knowledgeable designer won't make
subjective comments,
but will point to specific features which can be modified.

The issue which opened this bug has been addressed.

Based on Bicha's comment above, he wants some (unspecified) review by the
design team.
If they have constructive comments, I'll note those of course.
However, I'll also (of course) weight the less constructive comments according
to the inconsistencies
which are easy to comment on but would be a distraction.

Packages, which is subscribed to xterm in Ubuntu.

  xterm icon available by default

Status in Ayatana Design:
  New
Status in “ubuntu-gnome-default-settings” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in “xterm” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in “xterm” package in Debian:

  The Ubuntu 11.10 desktop by default has three terminals in the Dash
  labeled respectively as: Terminal, XTerm, and UXTerm. This is rather
  confusing for users who are told to just run a terminal. XTerm and
  UXTerm share a rather old, outdated icon and very few users will
  prefer using them to using the standard, full-featured GNOME Terminal.

  XTerm apparently is used by Ubuntu's failsafe mode and so must be
  present by default.

  My Proposed fix:
  1.Add NoDisplay=true to the end of these 2 files:
    sudoedit /usr/share/applications/debian-xterm.desktop
    sudoedit /usr/share/applications/debian-xterm.desktop
  2. Run sudo update-desktop-database
  3. Log out and log back in.
  4. Type "term" into the Dash, xterm and uxterm should not show.
  5. Close the dash and type Alt+F2, now type "xterm" and "uxterm". The app
shows with its icon. When run, the icon will show in the launcher and the
Alt-Tab switcher. This fixes the problem mentioned in comment #10.

  When the app is running, it's also possible to right-click on the app
  to lock to launcher in Unity or add to favorites in GNOME Shell. If
  you're using GNOME Classic, you can easily use Alacarte to unhide
  xterm.

  This should be a good compromise between most users who don't need the
  clutter of the extra terminals and the ones who actually do want to
  run xterm. Also xterm has been hidden by default for many releases now
  and I personally consider their presence now a UI regression, not an
  improvement.

  --Jeremy Bicha