Thanks for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make Ubuntu
better. We appreciate the difficulties you are facing, but this appears
to be a "regular" (non-security) bug.  I have unmarked it as a security
issue since this bug does not show evidence of allowing attackers to
cross privilege boundaries nor directly cause loss of data/privacy.
Please feel free to report any other bugs you may find.

** Visibility changed to: Public

** This bug is no longer flagged as a security vulnerability

Packages, which is subscribed to software-center in Ubuntu.

  Payment processing fails independent of payment method

Status in “software-center” package in Ubuntu:

  I've tried to pay for MC Launcher (?) three different ways, PayPal
  (can't change username to buy for my son in his account), Visa and
  Mastercard which both give the following error:

  Unable to load page

  Problem occurred while loading the URL
  https://secure5.arcot.com/acspage/cap?RID=6623

  SSL handshake failed

  Please let me know when it's sorted. Call me if you can +44 7963
  820407

  Regards,
  Richard PIneger
  richard.pine...@techdocdirect.com

  Package: software-center 5.2
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.2.0-23.36-generic-pae 3.2.14
  Uname: Linux 3.2.0-23-generic-pae i686
  ApportVersion: 2.0.1-0ubuntu5
  Architecture: i386
  Date: Sat Oct  6 09:40:17 2012
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS "Precise Pangolin" - Release i386
(20120423)
  PackageArchitecture: all
  ProcEnviron:
   LANGUAGE=en_GB:en