Public bug reported:

I have been trying to burn a data disk on Ubuntu 10.04.  I cannot get
Brasero or CD/DVD Creator (From the Accessories menu) to work.

When I place a new CDR disk in the drive I get an incorrect message
saying : "Blank CD-R Disk: not enough free space" and Brasero refuses to
burn the disk.  The CD drive properties in Gnome does not say anything
about the drive being RW, so I wonder if Gnome does not recognize that
this is a RW drive.

** Affects: brasero (Ubuntu)

** Tags: 10.04

Packages, which is subscribed to brasero in Ubuntu.

  Brasero says not enough free space on disk

Status in “brasero” package in Ubuntu: