This is happening for me as well in Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS with a Bamboo
CTH-670. I also reported the bug directly at the Linux-Wacom project's
bug tracker:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3577383&group_id=69596&atid=525124

** Bug watch added: SourceForge.net Tracker #3577383
   http://sourceforge.net/support/tracker.php?aid=3577383

Packages, which is subscribed to xf86-input-wacom in Ubuntu.

  [hardy] Pen crazy in tablet PC

Status in Linux Wacom Project:
  Unknown
Status in “xf86-input-wacom” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: xserver-xorg-input-wacom

  Frequently pen stops working correctly and it goes crazy in my IBM thinkpad
X41 Tablet.
  When you put pen near to screen it appears selected areas (gnome) and a lot
of strange clicks are sended to desktop.
  /etc/init.d/gdm restart does not solve the problem, it's necesary reboot the
computer.