Hello,

The LANG guards are included as a safety guard to prevent incorrect
fonts being selected for users that don't need them. It's possible that
they could actually be removed if it turns out that applying the
fontconfig configuration doesn't cause problems for anyone (including
those who do not have the fonts in question installed).

I'll put a PPA package up shortly for people to test, then we can look
at getting it into Ubuntu properly.

The plan for Ubuntu 'R' is to distribute these configurations to the
individual font packages instead of having them shipped centrally in
language-selector.

Thanks.

Packages, which is subscribed to language-selector in Ubuntu.

  fontconfig-voodoo is not included in language-selector-common

Status in “language-selector” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in “ubiquity” package in Ubuntu:

  When I try to use "fontconfig-voodoo" in Ubuntu 12.10 from terminal,
  it told me:

      The program 'fontconfig-voodoo' is currently not installed. You can
install it by typing:
      sudo apt-get install language-selector-common

  Actually, I have language-selector-common package installed in my
  Ubuntu.

  Where is fontconfig-voodoo? Without it, I can't config the correct
  Chinese fonts under English locale.

  Thanks.