Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make
Ubuntu better. This bug did not have a package associated with it, which
is important for ensuring that it gets looked at by the proper
developers. You can learn more about finding the right package at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/FindRightPackage . I have classified this
bug as a bug in cups.

When reporting bugs in the future please use apport by using 'ubuntu-
bug' and the name of the package affected. You can learn more about this
functionality at https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs.

** Package changed: ubuntu => cups (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to cups in Ubuntu.

  seems my Printer is not in the NEW 1.6 cups

Status in “cups” package in Ubuntu:

  I spent time wandering thru HPLIP and CUPS 1.6 my printer HP M1522nf Muliti
function thing is NOT listed IN any of the 561 pages of CUPS . . goes right
over the top of the number it  goes from 1300 to 2000 series HP printers . .
There are a gob of numbers between 1300 to 2000 HP printers
  If the printer is not in CUPS  the computer will not see it in HPLIP and that
is why I can not get the rest of the Muti function Printer to work like in
xsane or sane or the other scanner programs . .
  Some missed a wholepage of printers in CUPS . .
  How do I add this priner in Manually ?