I have the same problem. All system keyboard shortcuts can be found in
the settings but they do not work since I upgrade to ubuntu quantal from
precise.

Also, the shortcuts in the settings are very old. For example:
ctrl+alt+del instead of alt+print+k (neither works).

Furthermore, ubuntu freezes completely if I try to use a system keyboard
shortcut (for example alt+F2) and I have to do a "cold boot".

The only shortcuts that work are those I set manually myself - for
example to open synapse.

The kernel is 3.5.0-17-generic and I use the gnome-shell (no ppa).

If there is any information I can provide to help to fix this bug please
let me know!

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-settings-daemon in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1063822

Title:
  Ctrl+Alt+L and Ctrl+Alt+Del have no effect

Status in “gnome-settings-daemon” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  I would expect Ctrl+Alt+L to lock the screen and Ctrl+Alt+Del to log
  out except neither happen.  Both shortcuts are set in the keyboard
  shortcut settings and used to work up until today.  The last dist-
  upgrade performed on this computer was probably on Friday 28th
  September so a change between then and now appears to have broken the
  functionality.

  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 12.10
  Package: gnome-settings-daemon 3.4.2-0ubuntu14
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.5.0-17.27-generic 3.5.5
  Uname: Linux 3.5.0-17-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.6.1-0ubuntu1
  Architecture: amd64
  Date: Mon Oct  8 15:44:43 2012
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS "Precise Pangolin" - Release amd64 
(20120425)
  ProcEnviron:
   LANGUAGE=en_GB:en
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
   LANG=en_GB.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: gnome-settings-daemon
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to quantal on 2012-09-25 (12 days ago)

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-settings-daemon/+bug/1063822/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to