Since this is no longer affecting the submitter, I've changed the status
to Fix Released.

** Changed in: gnome-power-manager (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-power-manager in Ubuntu.

  Precise does not suspend when HP Pavilion dv4t-1000 lid closes

Status in “gnome-power-manager” package in Ubuntu:

  Ubuntu 12.04 beta is running absolutely beautifully -- certainly
  better than any previous version -- on my HP Pavilion dv4t-1000
  laptop, with one slight exception.  When I close the laptop lid, the
  system does not suspend.  I've double checked the configuration in my
  system settings and they are set to suspend the computer when the lid
  is shut, but nothing happens.  I have no problem  manually suspending
  the system, and the system wakes up when the lid is opened.  But for
  some reason, closing the lid has no effect.