** Package changed: software-center (Ubuntu) => ubuntu-webcatalog

Packages, which is subscribed to software-center in Ubuntu.

  USC hides reviews for other distro series instead of tagging

Status in Ubuntu web catalog:

  A vendor brought a strange USC behavior to my attention: USC hides
  reviews for all distros except the one the user is currently running.
  The reason they don't like this is that it causes their sales to
  plummet every time Ubuntu has a new release, and then it takes a while
  for positive reviews to build up again.

  I understand that we want to give customers the most relevant data for
  their purchases, but it seems counter-productive to hide data which
  may or may not be relevant instead of just tagging it to indicate that
  it may not apply.  In many cases, the quality of a product is
  unaffected by the platform it's running on, and even more often, a
  history of good (or bad) reviews is helpful for building confidence
  that it will continue to be good (or bad) even on a brand new distro.

  Instead of hiding the reviews for other platforms, we should probably
  attach a note of some sort indicating the version of Ubuntu the review
  was about, the version of the product, and possibly even some data
  about the hardware the reviewer used.  These things could be used as
  search/filter patterns if the user explicitly searches, but otherwise
  I think we should show the full review history.  I find this approach
  useful on my Android devices, at least...  I can see whether the
  product is good in general, and then if I want to get more specific, I
  can search for reviews matching my particular device.