Public bug reported:

I'm not sure if this is a liferea or unity bug but...

How to reproduce:
1) have a window of some program open and not minimized
2) open liferea
3) press alt+f4 to minimize liferea
4) open liferea again (with the launcher bar or a terminal)
result: liferea pops to the foreground but key presses are caught by the window
from step 1. E.g. if you press alt+f4 some other program will close and not
liferea.
I believe this problem was in 12.04 as well and setting focus prevention to
none fixed this but I'm not sure.
I'm using 12.10.

** Affects: liferea (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to liferea in Ubuntu.

  windows focus bug

Status in “liferea” package in Ubuntu: