(1x) Audio In / Microphone 1/8" Port (retaskable for 5.1 audio)

there are two headphone jacks and mic jack can be retasked for 5.1

alc665 only has three DACs 0x02 , 0x03 and 0x04

you lost the support of 5.1 if the speaker and subwoofer get the volume
controls of two DACs and one headphone get the remaining DAC

Simple mixer control 'Headphone',0
  Capabilities: pvolume pswitch penum
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: Playback 0 - 64
  Mono:
  Front Left: Playback 64 [100%] [0.00dB] [on]
  Front Right: Playback 64 [100%] [0.00dB] [on]
Simple mixer control 'Headphone',1
  Capabilities: pswitch penum
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Mono:
  Front Left: Playback [on]
  Front Right: Playback [on]
Simple mixer control 'Speaker',0
  Capabilities: pvolume pswitch pswitch-joined penum
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: Playback 0 - 64
  Mono:
  Front Left: Playback 62 [97%] [-2.00dB] [on]
  Front Right: Playback 64 [100%] [0.00dB] [on]
Simple mixer control 'Bass Speaker',0
  Capabilities: pvolume pswitch penum
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: Playback 0 - 64
  Mono:
  Front Left: Playback 64 [100%] [0.00dB] [on]
  Front Right: Playback 64 [100%] [0.00dB] [on]

Packages, which is subscribed to alsa-driver in Ubuntu.

  [M14xR1, Realtek ALC665, Speaker, Internal] No sound at all

Status in “alsa-driver” package in Ubuntu:

  Installed Ubuntu from Windows 7 program earlier today (forget what the
  program was called, something like Wibi), restarted after install
  where Ubuntu booted automatically, and I messed around for a bit
  (Opening various files and whatnot, nothing involving terminal or
  anything related to sound). Shut down computer, and restarted, booting
  this time with Win7 x64. After a while decided to get back rolling
  with Ubuntu, so restarted and booted with Ubuntu, where I decided to
  browse online.

  I noticed no sound was coming out in a couple of videos, and after
  troubleshooting not even the test sounds would come out.

  I will boot Windows 7 now to confirm whether or not the sound actually
  functions on Win7, confirming that the problem is not a coincidental
  hardware failure.

  This seems similar to Bug #985533, also with Realtek ALC665. Not sure
  if it would be categorized as a duplicate, as I am running 12.10,
  while the other bug is on 12.04.

  Let me know if there's anything I can try to help you guys, but keep
  in mind that I'm a complete newcomer to Ubuntu.

  Package: alsa-base 1.0.25+dfsg-0ubuntu3
  AudioDevicesInUse:
   USER        PID ACCESS COMMAND
   /dev/snd/controlC0:  acebulf    1737 F.... pulseaudio
   /dev/snd/pcmC0D0p:   acebulf    1737 F...m pulseaudio
  Date: Thu Nov  1 12:30:35 2012
  PackageArchitecture: all
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: alsa-driver
  Symptom: audio
  Symptom_AlsaPlaybackTest: ALSA playback test through plughw:PCH failed
  Symptom_Card: Built-in Audio - HDA Intel PCH
  Symptom_DevicesInUse:
   USER        PID ACCESS COMMAND
   /dev/snd/controlC0:  acebulf    1737 F.... pulseaudio
   /dev/snd/pcmC0D0p:   acebulf    1737 F...m pulseaudio
  Symptom_Jack: Speaker, Internal
  Symptom_Type: No sound at all
  Title: [M14xR1, Realtek ALC665, Speaker, Internal] No sound at all
  dmi.bios.date: 05/05/2011
  dmi.bios.vendor: Alienware
  dmi.bios.version: A03
  dmi.board.name: M14xR1
  dmi.board.vendor: Alienware
  dmi.board.version: A03
  dmi.chassis.type: 8
  dmi.chassis.vendor: Alienware
  dmi.chassis.version: A03
  dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnAlienware:bvrA03:bd05/05/2011:svnAlienware:pnM14xR1:pvrA03:rvnAlienware:rnM14xR1:rvrA03:cvnAlienware:ct8:cvrA03:
  dmi.product.name: M14xR1
  dmi.product.version: A03
  dmi.sys.vendor: Alienware